The last tab available within the Child Record is the Log, which captures and displays the history of updates made to the child’s data in ChildWare. Please note: not all changes to the record are recorded in the log. If you subscribe to ChildWare PLUS, you will also have an attendance log which records arrival and departure times for the child. Click here to view the full Attendance and Time Tracker tutorial.
This tab is especially helpful to investigate the details of an update or deletion to the child’s record. The grid display includes:
- the type of change that occurred (either ‘Update’ or ‘Delete’);
- the tab and field which was changed;
- the old and new value of the field that was changed;
- the date that the change occurred; and
- the user who made the change
The Log tab can also be a powerful training tool to identify any users that may need support or clarification on system modules, especially if patterns of mistaken updates/deletions start to occur.