You can use the Advanced search feature in ChildWare to customize your search.
By using the Advanced Search you can search by: born between date ranges – to find a certain age group of children or you can use it to search by status, classroom, care level, referred between dates, funding source and more.
How-To Documentation: Using the Advanced Search Feature
Have you hired a new staff member at your program? Check out our New Staff Training (PDF version) overview for essential ChildWare functions.
View our How-To Video!
In this video, Zach shows how to input a new child into ChildWare.
Please note: If the child is being enrolled for a PHLPreK slot, please remember to confirm with your PHLPreK administrator that the child is actually enrolled in PHLPreK!
Click on the triangle below to start the video:
The ChildWare team’s own Zachary Cohen (formerly our Keystone STARS trainer, so you may have seen him around!) narrated this How-To video on setting up your username and password and logging into ChildWare. Click on the white triangle below to start the video.
The following resources have been compiled to help accomplish PHL PreK-specific tasks in ChildWare (PDF viewer is required, and links open in new window):
PHLpreK Required Child Data Instructions
Childware 1.0 Videos
ChildWare 2.0 Videos
ChildWare 2.0 Documentation
If you experiencing issues with ChildWare pages not fully loading, or if you are missing tabs (see below) please follow these troubleshooting steps.
First, be sure that you have not lost internet connection. Check your internet connection by clicking on the bars located at the bottom right hand of your computer.
If your internet connection is not the issue, you will need to clear you browser’s cookies and cache.
If you are using Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome
- On your browser toolbar, click the Chrome menu
- Click More Tools>Clear browsing data.
- In the box that appears, click the checkbxes for “Cookies and other site and plug in data” and “Cached images and files” .
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose the beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data
If you are using Firefox:
- Open Firefox.
- On your broswer toolbar, click on the Firefox menu.
- Click Options, then click Privacy from the left side menu.
- Click clear your recent history.
- In the box that appears, click the checkboxes for “Cookies” and “Cache”.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose the everything to delete all history.
- Click Clear Now.
If you are using Safari on a Mac:
- Open Safari.
- Click Safari in the upper left hand side of your screen. In the menu that appears, click Preferences.
- In the window that appears, click Privacy tab. Click the button Remove All Website Data.
4. Click Remove Now in the pop up window that appears.
This How-to-guide will review changes for the 2015-2016 for PIR for questions C.38.
This How to Guide will review changes for 2015-2016 program year for PIR questions C.35 -37.
This guide reviews changes to father engagement tracking for the 2015-2016 program year.