In this video, Zach shows how to input a new child into ChildWare.
Please note: If the child is being enrolled for a PHLPreK slot, please remember to confirm with your PHLPreK administrator that the child is actually enrolled in PHLPreK!
Click on the triangle below to start the video:
The ChildWare team’s own Zachary Cohen (formerly our Keystone STARS trainer, so you may have seen him around!) narrated this How-To video on setting up your username and password and logging into ChildWare. Click on the white triangle below to start the video.
The following resources have been compiled to help accomplish PHL PreK-specific tasks in ChildWare (PDF viewer is required, and links open in new window):
- Adding a New Child
- Adding Health Assessments
- Discharging a Child Instructions
- Entering Child Emergency Contacts
- Health Tab Layout and Functionality
- Pre-enrolling new children (updated June 2017)
- Re-enrollment for returning children (updated June 2017)
- CCIS, Child Assessment, Developmental Screenings and Kindergarten Transition
- ChildWare Child Assessment and Outcomes (PPT)
- ChildWare CCIS Subsidy Verification (PPT)
- ChildWare Developmental Screening (PPT)
- ChildWare Kindergarten Transition (PPT)
- ChildWare Staff Qualifications (PPT)
If you experiencing issues with ChildWare pages not fully loading, or if you are missing tabs (see below) please follow these troubleshooting steps.
First, be sure that you have not lost internet connection. Check your internet connection by clicking on the bars located at the bottom right hand of your computer.
If your internet connection is not the issue, you will need to clear you browser’s cookies and cache.
If you are using Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome
- On your browser toolbar, click the Chrome menu
- Click More Tools>Clear browsing data.
- In the box that appears, click the checkbxes for “Cookies and other site and plug in data” and “Cached images and files” .
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose the beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data
If you are using Firefox:
- Open Firefox.
- On your broswer toolbar, click on the Firefox menu.
- Click Options, then click Privacy from the left side menu.
- Click clear your recent history.
- In the box that appears, click the checkboxes for “Cookies” and “Cache”.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose the everything to delete all history.
- Click Clear Now.
If you are using Safari on a Mac:
- Open Safari.
- Click Safari in the upper left hand side of your screen. In the menu that appears, click Preferences.
- In the window that appears, click Privacy tab. Click the button Remove All Website Data.
This How-to-guide will review changes for the 2015-2016 for PIR for questions C.38.
This How to Guide will review changes for 2015-2016 program year for PIR questions C.35 -37.
This guide reviews changes to father engagement tracking for the 2015-2016 program year.
When discharging a child enrolled in Head Start, you will receive a notification if there is missing data related to Head Start Performance Standards or data required for the Head Start PIR. The notification will display as a popup message:
The grid below describes each data point and how the popup will display on the discharge if missing information is found. Click here for a printable version of this sheet.
|DATA CHECK||POP UP MESSAGE DISPLAY||CHILDWARE MODULE|
|Provider verification record for type ‘primary care’ with verification date during program year||Missing medical home verification||Child Record > Health Tab > Insurance & Providers Sub Tab|
|Provider verification record for type ‘dental care’ with verification date during program year||Missing dental home verification||Child Record > Health Tab > Insurance & Providers Sub Tab|
|Insurance verification record during program year||Missing insurance verification||Child Record > Health Tab > Insurance & Providers Sub Tab|
|EPSDT verification record for type ‘general’ during program year with status field completed at enrollment and at end of enrollment.||Missing EPSDT status for general health||Child Record > Health Tab > EPSDT Sub Tab|
|EPSDT verification record for type ‘immunization’ during program year with status field completed at enrollment and at end of enrollment.||Missing EPSDT status for immunizations||Child Record > Health Tab > EPSDT Sub Tab|
|General health assessment within 365 days of discharge date entered on save||Missing/expired general health assessment data||Child Record > Health Tab > Assessments & Screenings Sub Tab|
|Vision screening within 365 days of discharge date entered on save||Missing/expired vision screening data||Child Record > Health Tab > Assessments & Screenings Sub Tab|
|Hearing screening with 365 days of discharge date entered on save||Missing/expired hearing screening data||Child Record > Health Tab > Assessments & Screenings Sub Tab|
|Dental assessment within 6 months of discharge date entered on save||Missing/expired dental assessment data||Child Record > Health Tab > Assessments & Screenings Sub Tab|
|BMI assessment during program year||Missing/expired BMI assessment||Child Record > Health Tab > Assessments & Screenings Sub Tab|
|HS eligibility record in current or prior program year with the following fields completed:
|Missing eligibility and family data||Child Record > HS Eligibility Tab|
|Minimum of two developmental screening event records during program year with different tools selected||Missing developmental screening data||Child Record > Events & Case Notes Tab|
|Pedestrian safety event during program year||Missing pedestrian safety training||Child Record > Events & Case Notes Tab|
|Primary contact with Education field complete||Missing education level on primary contact||Contact Record > Main Tab|
|Primary contact with Family Partnership Agreement and Family Service Specialist Signature date during program year||Missing FPA on primary contact||Contact Record > Family Partnership Tab|
|Primary contact with public assistance verification record during program year with date verified field complete at enrollment and at end of enrollment.||Missing public assistance verification on primary contact||Contact Record > Public Assistance Tab|
This guide reviews changes to family service tracking for the 2015-2016 program year. Programs are now required to report on families who have an identified need or an expressed interest in services as well as reporting the services that were received.
To account for this change in reporting, we have streamlined tracking of family services in ChildWare.